Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Recovery from the Weekend

I did everything I planned this weekend, and more. After a low key Friday night, E and I started out Saturday morning with volleyball practice. The Tox grad students have had a team for the past few years, but I never played until now because the team was way more competitive than I could handle. Well, we finally had enough people that wanted to play in the less competitive league this year, so I joined in. It's been years since I have played volleyball, so I ended up with giant bruises on my arms after the practice that kept me from playing in the game on Sunday night :( The team won though :)

I finally got out x-country skiing on Saturday afternoon. I met my friend S at a golf course where the local ski club sets track, and we did about 2.5 km before deciding that we had had enough of the -25C windchill blowing across the wide open course. The short distance was fine with me because I really only wanted to make sure that my skis and boots were in good working order so that I could head up north to ski on Sunday. It's always nice to see S too!

E and I went to Little Red River park in Prince Albert to x-country ski on Sunday. I've posted about Little Red here before, so I won't blather on about how awesome it is again. We managed about 16 km (10 miles) over the course of 4 hours before we decided to call it a day. Conditions were just okay (could have used a little more snow that was a little less powdery), but what a wonderful way to spend the day.

I was so tired after the weekend that a good night's sleep, which I definitely got on Sunday, wasn't enough for me to feel recovered. I ended up going to bed early again last night, and I finally feel better today. I really wish I were one of those people who could function on 5 hours of sleep sometimes, but I definitely am not!

No comments:

Post a Comment